What is Children's Miracle Network (CMN)?
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals that provide 32 million treatments each year to kids across the U.S. and Canada. Donations through Blizzard Run stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care.
Every penny goes to kids in Central PA.
Penn State Children’s Hospital is the only Level 1 trauma hospital between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia fully equipped to treat the most severely ill and injured children of Central Pennsylvania.
Funds raised through CMN are allocated at Penn State Children's Hospital to provide equipment, research and patient services. CMN is onsite at the Hospital everyday, supporting the families in any possible way from laundry care and meals, to being there for these kids in their deepest emotional and psychological needs.
How is the money used?
Our funds support family-centered programs, life-saving equipment, and transformative research to help provide the best possible care to sick and injured children in our community.
- Child Life Specialists who support the emotional and social needs of children and their families
- Family-Centered Care program
- Care Coordination to provide gas and meal cards for families in need
- Summer camp scholarships for kids with special needs
- Injury Prevention Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit incubators
- Heart monitors & ventilators
- Pediatric ambulance
- Life Lion isolettes
- Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) machine
- MRI video goggles
- Ultrasound machines
- Nasal Oral Respiratory Interface (NORI) system
- Newborn Weight Tool (NEWT)
- Shaken baby syndrome education and prevention
- Lung disease therapy and prevention
- Enhance the quality of life for children with mental health, learning, and neurodevelopmental disorders
Stories from Penn State CHildren's Hospital
Every year, Penn State Children's Hospital is a destination for hope and healing for thousands of children and their families. With the only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we serve the most populous rural regions in the nation, with more than a million children in our referral area. We also have more than 20 specialty pediatric patient services in Hershey and more than 30 outpatient clinic locations throughout Pennsylvania.